Jesús Romero Barranco
BA in English Language and Literature, University of Málaga, 2012
MA in English Language, University of Málaga 2013
MA in Teaching English as a Foreign Language, University of Málaga 2014
Jesús Romero-Barranco graduated in English Language and Literature in June 2012 at Málaga University. In September 2013, he completed the Master's degree of the Department of English Philology of the University of Málaga (Máster Oficial en Estudios Ingleses y Comunicación Multilingüe e Intercultural) with a dissertation involving the diplomatic edition of Wellcome Library MS Wellcome 290 (ff.1r-41v), a hitherto unedited 15th-century English version of Constantinus Africanus' Venerabilis Anatomia. His research interests lie within the fields of Historical Linguistics, Manuscript Studies, Palaeography and Codicology.
- (2017). "Third Person Present Tense Markers in Some Varieties of English". English World-Wide 38.1: 77-103 [with Javier Calle-Martín]
- (2016). "Adverbials and Inversion in Early English Scientific Writing". Brno Studies in English 42.1: 1-19.
- (2015). "On the Use of make to vs. make ø in Early English Medical Writing". Atlantis: Journal of the Spanish Association of Anglo-American Studies 37.1: 157-177. [with Javier Calle-Martín].
- (2014). "On the Use of that/zero as Object Clause Links in Early English Medical Writing". Studia Neophilologica 86.1: 1-16 [with Javier Calle-Martín]
- (2014). "The Split Infinitive in the Asian Varieties of English". Nordic Journal of English Studies 13.1: 129-146. [with Javier Calle-Martín].
- (2013). "The Middle English Version of The Book of Nativities in London, Wellcome Library, MS Wellcome 411 (ff. 9v-18v)". Analecta Malacitana 36.1-2: 307-346. [with Javier Calle-Martín].
- (2013). "A Semi-diplomatic Edition of Galen's Anatomy in MS Wellcome 290 (ff.42r-48v) ". Analecta Malacitana 35: 275-295.